A million feelings
A thousand thoughts
One sweet rose
of the 17 victims
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Our prayers are with you as your tears fall…
Copyright 2018- The View From My Window
All Rights Reserved
one sweet rose
Today is Valentine’s Day. Yes, the time of year when it is said to be the most romantic day of the year. That theory, I’m not sold on just yet. There other days throughout the year where I have experienced romance, and oddly enough…it usually is not on Valentine’s Day.
Here are some fun facts you may or may not know.
- The first commercially printed Valentine’s Day card was produced in 1913 by Hallmark. Today, more than a billion Valentine’s cards are sold each year.
- February 14th is also Single Awareness Day.
- According to Hallmark, more than 50 percent of this holiday card is purchased within six days before the 14th.
- There will be more than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate sold for Valentine’s Day.
- Among those buying gifts, 3 percent are those who buy for their pets.
- On this day, in the U.S., 189 million stems of roses are sold.
That’s a lot of cards. A lot of chocolate…and a lot of roses.
I think it’s awesome that there is a day set aside each year to show love and affection for others. The world we live in could sure use many more days like this, if only it didn’t cost a fortune. 🙂
But, I want to focus on those out there who are facing this day of love without the one they love. This is one of those holidays that can make a person realize who they may be missing and just how much. Then again, for others…it may not matter at all. But if you find yourself feeling a little low on this day of each year, let me say…You are loved and maybe you can lift yourself up by sharing that love with others.
5 Things to Consider:
- Pay-It-Forward/ Do a good deed for someone. It will make them smile as well as yourself.
- Find the positive in the day. Look for things that make you happy. Things that make you smile. Make an effort to look for the good in others.
- Love Yourself. Do something for yourself that brings joy to your heart. Laugh Out Loud!
- Change Your Focus. Don’t concentrate so much on who you don’t have but rather on who you do have. Appreciate those friends and family that are near and dear. Let them know they are loved.
- Realize the value in each day. Valentine’s Day is only one day a year. Realize your worth and the value of each day given. Be humbled and thankful for each breath taken.
I also want to take this time to offer my heartfelt love ♥ to those who are in anguish over the most recent shooting today with at least 17 killed at a high school in Parkland, Florida. I can’t even imagine the grief they may be going through. May God be with the them and comfort them as they go through this horrific loss. ~ Laura
Copyright 2018~The View From My Window
All Rights Reserved
If we LOVE God most; loving others will come naturally.♥
♥The ability to LOVE others creates Happiness.
Genuine LOVE is never selective.♥
LOVE others without a second thought.♥
♥It’s impossible to LOVE and judge at the very same time.
The secret to living is LOVING.♥
♥Everyone needs LOVE. Everyone deserves LOVE; including you.
God is LOVE. ♥
In response to Jacqueline’s Tuesdays Trickles