I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Soma who blogs over at SomaWrites. The Sunshine Award is given by fellow bloggers to other bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I am honored and thank Soma for the nomination. She, too, is an inspiration. Soma writes and conveys through her blog that one can actually escape their comfort zone if they only put their mind to it. Please check her out. I’m sure you will be inspired.
Sunshine Blogger Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
So, maybe I should now attempt to answer some of her questions.
- Name something that makes you happy? Of course, spending time with my family and grandson makes me happy. I am a “Nonnie.” This name was actually given to me by my grandson. That makes me happy! Also, I am about to become a Nonnie again within the next few weeks. That makes me super happy!
- Would you rather live in the city or countryside? I was born and raised in the beautiful mountains of WV. I absolutely love visiting the city. But I couldn’t imagine living there. I’m a country girl at heart!
- What’s your ultimate inspiration song? That’s a good question. I have many songs that inspire me, depending on where I’m at in life. I love music that gets me moving and thinking. But my “go to” songs would have to be: Hold On/Alabama Shakes, Heroes/David Bowie and Eagles Fly/ Sammy Hagar which is what I used as a song on my SKY DIVE experience.
- Name 1 item on your bucket list. Ok. This is a great one! I am working on my Bucket List. I’ve already checked off two on my list. If you’re interested in finding out what they were, click here. But the next one I want to check off is a road trip with hubby through Route 66. Planning this one… hopefully for next year.
- Do you prefer to write or type? Write. I love the way it flows on the blank white page.
- Mountains or Sea? Sea. I know…I’m a Mountaineer so why the sea? I love the way the calm of the ocean speaks to me.
- What is something you do to relieve stress? Shhh…don’t tell my husband but I dance around the house with the music up loud at the end of the work day before he gets home. Oh, and a long hot bubble bath works too.
- What is your happy color? Cobalt Blue
- If you visit a new place or country what is the first thing you would do? Easy one! Take photos! 🙂
- What is one thing you cannot live without? My faith in God.
- Who do you look up to? There are many people in my life I admire and look up to…my parents, my children, all those mentors who helped mold me…but, I truly admire and look up to any and all who have battled an illness, disability or struggle. There’s just something special about a person who lives bravely in the face of adversity.
As you can see…I cheated. I only nominated five. So you five are under no obligation to accept this nomination but please know you have been an inspiration. If you accept, I ask you to answer any five questions from the list. You can answer all, but if not, please choose five. Also, please pass on the nomination to at least five other bloggers whom you admire.
Thanks again, to Soma, for sending some sunshine my way. I truly appreciate it.