The quote “Keep It Real” may sound a little cliché, but I think it is necessary in maintaining a balanced life and keeping things in perspective. It’s only seven days into the New Year and that’s just enough time to already get off track on those goals and new years resolutions. Although, I am no expert and I make many mistakes along the way…I want to share a few ways that help me keep it real!
• Don’t be fake. Always tell the truth. Honesty is always the best policy…no matter what!
• Keep your perspective. Don’t do anything to compromise your integrity, identity, morale or self-worth.
• Try to put yourself in others shoes. Be sensitive to others needs.
• If you are in the wrong…Always apologize.
• Remember who you are, where you came from, and who you belong to. Stay true to you, your friends, family and most importantly, God.
• Say what you need to say; but be tactful, loving and mature with your words.
• Try to stay positive! Let your light shine and be the encourager.
• Respect everyone even when you don’t want to. Agree to disagree and learn to move on.
• Learn from your mistakes!
• Forgive! Forgive! Forgive!
• Remember these two words and say them often…”THANK YOU”
• Try to do extend kindness to others in some small service as often as possible. The possibilities are endless.
• Be compassionate! Compliment often!
• Listen more and Talk less!
• Pray! Don’t Worry! Be Happy!
• Be Thankful…even for the little things.
• Smile and Laugh often! Don’t take anything or anyone for granted.
• Love Yourself!
The journey is yours and yours alone. You’re only as happy as you set your mind to be. As I said, I am no expert and merely trying to share some things I’ve learned over the years. I am still learning…so, if you have any helpful tips to “keeping it real” please share! There is always room for growth!