I am humbled once again. I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Cheri over at Joyously Hopeful. Please take time to check out her blog. She brings a uniqueness to the word inspiration.
In case you are reading this and have no clue what this award really is, you’re not the first and won’t be the last. When I first started blogging, I was oblivious to the concept and now I am accepting and nominating others for the honor.
The Versatile Blogger Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers to recognize their work and high quality writing, creativity, unique content and love for their passion. It encourages bloggers to continue doing what they love. So, thank you Cheri. I humbly accept your nomination.
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award and provide a link to their blog. 2.
- Nominate at least 5 other bloggers.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts About Me:
- I love music. Can’t get enough of it!
- Going to carnivals and fairs always brings out the kid in me.
- I love watching football and playing basketball.
- I’m an avid player of the game ‘Words with Friends’ on Facebook.
- I’ve been told I snore sometimes while I sleep. Hee Hee
- May 1, will make a year since my doggie (of 15 years) passed away, and I still cry tears.
- I love the sound of laughter. The smell of rain. Laughing until I cry. And the feel of a whisper in my ear.
Life Style with Sarah
The Road to There
Thanks again to Cheri for the nomination. I
always appreciate the opportunity to Pay-It-Forward! 🙂
Until next time,
Love you all…
Copyright 2017~All Rights Reserved
What an honor I’ve been given for the nomination of the Mystery Blogger Award by Penny For Your Thoughts Blog. I humbly accept and hope you will check out this fellow bloggers window into a unique soul and perspective.
Here are the rules:
- Display Award Logo On Blog
- List The Rules
- Mention Creator Of Award & Provide A Link
- Thank The Blogger(s) Who Nominated You & Provide A Link
- Say 3 Things About Yourself
- Nominate From 10 To 20 Bloggers
- Notify Nominated Bloggers By Leaving A Comment On Their Blog
- Answer 5 Questions From Nominee
- Write 5 Questions For Your Nominees
- Share Your Best Post
3 Things About Me:
- I’m most comfortable when wearing my blue jeans with holes in the knees and a sweatshirt.
- My comfort food these days is Buttered Noodles from the restaurant (Noodles & Co.) I’m sure this will eventually pass. LOL
- I love chocolate of every kind but I can’t stand the taste of chocolate pie.
Five Questions From Penny For Your Thoughts:
- What do you look for in blog posts when you’re looking at the Reader feed (what makes you click to read more about a post)? This is an easy one. I look for positive, thought-provoking content which I can relate to or possibly look at with a different perspective. Because I have a passion for photography, photos always catch my eye and lure me in. I love realism. I love personal stories. I love shorter posts as compared to one with over a thousand words. I also look at how eye-catching and organized the blog may be. If it’s cluttered and confusing, I usually click out quickly.
- How do you end your day? Each day brings on a different meaning but I end every day with a whispered prayer of thanksgiving.
- What is your favorite color and why? Cobalt blue is my favorite color. Always has been and probably always will. Why? I’m not sure. Maybe because it reminds me of freedom of open spaces.
- Do you see hope in humanity or in a deity (God, etc.) or not at all? I firmly believe in the Constitution. I firmly believe our nations Founding Fathers recognized God. I firmly believe our nation was founded on Biblical principles. I firmly believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I firmly believe that God’s hand is stretched over all nations and in Him, there is a hope like no other.
- If there was one thing you could know about the future, what would you want to know? Hummm…That’s a good one. My present existence is my personal journey from day-to-day. I can’t imagine knowing or wanting to know anything about the future. Anything I could possibly learn about what lies ahead could alter my here and now. I can’t imagine not playing it out to its full potential. So, I would say ‘nope’ to that one.
Five Questions For the Nominees:
- What’s your number #1 on your list of ‘pet peeves?’
- What is one thing you want people to know or realize about you?
- What’s your #1 “happy” or “go to” place?
- If you were at the highest peak in world for all to hear and see…what one thing would you say?
- If there was one song title or lyric that you could live your life by, what would it be?
My Best Post?
I have many posts that I could say are my best, not because of the number of ‘likes, views or comments’…but because of the perspective, the purpose behind the words and the passion that it brings.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and given to those nominated for their ingenious posts. Their blog captivates, inspires, and motivates. This blogger finds fun and inspiration in blogging and does it with much love and passion.
I’m sorry for breaking the rules on this one. Although I enjoy receiving and giving these awards to fellow bloggers, not all receive it well. I am not listing any nominees but will individually share this on their blog as notification to their nomination.
Thanks again to Penny For Your Thoughts, for the nomination. It’s been fun!
Copyright 2017~The View From My Window
All Rights Reserved
“….I’m not a smart man, but I know what love is…”
and then Forrest turns, walks to the front door with his hand resting on his hip
as he stares out at the night.
Since the world seems to be focusing on love today,
I thought I would describe what real, true love looks like.
Is the patient
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self-seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects. Always trusts.
Always hopes. Always perseveres.
LOVE NEVER FAILS.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
We are all much like Forrest Gump, looking for love and sometimes find disappointment. Love is a funny thing. We all have our own definition and expectation of what “love is” but do we really honestly know? May we all dig a little deeper and look beyond the feeling and get to the “heart” ♥ of it all.
Copyright 2017~ All Rights Reserved
F.Y.I. The photo above was taken with my cell phone by a toddler sitting on my lap while I work. Isn’t life great?
Every blogger has a voice. That’s why we write. That’s why we share. We want to be heard because we have something important to say.
The View From My Window has taken many twists and turns over the past few years but I have tried to stay focused on one main goal… to stay positive. Whether I write for fun, share my photos, inspire with a Laura-ism, or just simply share my personal thoughts…it’s all deliberate. It’s all about finding my voice.
I think the key to unlocking our creative potential is to always take that next step to finding our uniqueness. Finding our voice. Developing our voice. Understanding our voice. And eventually sharing that voice with others.
If you are interested in hearing the voice behind this blogger…please feel free to listen to The View From My Window Podcast. I’m still a newbie and just started getting my feet wet. I have so far to go and so much more to say, but I know with you as my community of support, our voices will become a platform of authentic expression.
Thanks to all of you who
are a constant support to me
and my “view.”
I truly appreciate you.
Copyright 2017~ All Rights Reserved
The View From My Window-Podcast